Kate Upton has hit another fashion milestone by covering Vanity Fair’s 100th Anniversary Issue. The model/actress is photographed by Annie Leibovitz whilst she does a Marilyn. In a champagne coloured one piece that showcases her ample bosom, stunning red lips and a birthday cake firmly placed on her right hand, she looks like she is about to burst into a rendition of “Happy Birthday“.
The fashion magazine has certainly come a long way since 1913. Vanity Fair’s editor Graydon Carter says:
In an age when nothing seems to last—not convictions, not even cities—a centennial, like the one Vanity Fair celebrates this year, makes me marvel at the simple fact of longevity.Magazines have ‘bones’—the unchanging elements that give structure to creativity—as surely as gardens and houses do,” writes Carter. “Today’s magazine is different in countless ways from yesterday’s—as even the briefest excursion through this issue will show. But I like to think that if [Vanity Fair’s first editor] Frank Crowninshield…could see the modern Vanity Fair, stripped of its logo and other identifying marks, he’d know in an instant what he held in his hands.
Kudos to the magazine, for choosing Kate Upton. She too has certainly come a long way. She confides in Jim Windolf (Vanity Fair’s Contributing Editor)
I’m not going to name names, but one agency told me, ‘You’re too American, and everybody knows American women are lazy.’ I was so offended! I’ve never been so offended! I was like, ‘You know that you’re in America, right?’ And it wasn’t ‘American models’—it was ‘American women are lazy,’ period! I feel like a lot of women would disagree with that. A lot!
This bumper issue is filled with portarits of Leibovitz, Mario Testino, Bruce Weber, and Edward Steichen, plus illustrations from the Jazz Age. Checkout Essays from Bill Maher, Dave Eggers, Kurt Andersen, Lorne Michaels, Robert Stone, Jan Morris, Daniel Okrent, Laura Hillenbrand, A. Scott Berg, and Julian Fellowes
www.vanityfair.com will launch an anniversary hub, where more than 200 pieces of archival and original content will be showcased. The Vanity Fair at 100 section will launch on September 4, and will feature videos, articles, slide shows, interactive features, and Spotify playlists.
Congrats Vanity Fair!
Ciao Bellas xoxo
Photo Source: www.vanityfair.com
- Kate Upton’s Retro Beauty On ‘Vanity Fair’ – Get Her Look (hollywoodlife.com)
- Kate Upton Channels Marilyn Monroe for Vanity Fair’s 100th Anniversary Issue (fashionista.com)
- Unreleased Kate Upton Handbras From Contributor Magazine [16 PHOTOS] (coed.com)
- Kerry Washington tops Vanity Fair’s best dressed list (contactmusic.com)
- Great Deals with Vanity Fair, Tucson (coupons.answers.com)
- Kate Upton has been Named Model of the Year (katiesrunwaysreport.wordpress.com)
- Kate Upton Ditches Her Bikini (thehaberdash.com)
- Kate Upton: Model of the Year! (justjared.com)
- Hello Sexy! Kate Upton on Becoming This Generation’s Bombshell (Forevervogue.com)
- Kate Upton Polaroid Photo: The Girl Who Became the IT Girl of Modeling (thehollywoodgossip.com)