Bootylicious Serena Williams has recently confided in DuJour on how she failed to see the beauty in her curves. Here is an excerpt:
I wasn’t always confident. I just started feeling comfortable with myself about six or seven years ago. That’s why I tell people that even at 25 or 26, it’s OK if you’re feeling uncomfortable with yourself. I was too. It’s normal. I love who I am, and I encourage other people to love and embrace who they are. But it definitely wasn’t easy—it took me a while.
I grew up with a lot of sisters—I was the youngest, and I was really thick. My sister Venus was so tall and slim, and just being in a society where a lot of people are really thin, it was hard. Especially as an athlete.
No athlete has boobs like me. But I had to learn how to embrace myself and embrace my curves. And that’s something a lot of people can relate to.
Go Serena. You are an Inspiration!
Ciao Bellas xoxo
- Serena Williams Says Learning To Love Her Curves Was A Process: ‘No Athlete Has Boobs Like Me’ (madamenoire.com)
- Serena Williams Tight Leather Dress (4umf.com)
- Bondy: Doubles fun with Serena soothes single woes for Venus (nydailynews.com)
- Serena Williams struggled with body issues: ‘I wasn’t always confident’ (examiner.com)
- Serena Williams On Embracing Her Curves (abcnews.go.com)
- Serena and Venus Williams show off their curves at Taste of Tennis event (express.co.uk)
- US Open 2013: Serena Williams cruises into third round (arunbabyveranakunnel.wordpress.com)
- Rain at US Open scrubs Serena Williams match (news.yahoo.com)
- Williams Sisters Win At U.S. Open, Move To Second Round (wnyc.org)
- Serena Williams breezes to 2nd-round win at Open (kansascity.com)