Designing Africa is the first pan-African television programme focused entirely on fashion designers from across the continent. The last five years has seen remarkable growth and dynamism in the African fashion scene, with designers making a name for themselves both at home and on the international scene. African designers and fashion weeks are competing on the same platform as the biggest global names. So forget the fashion capitals of London, Paris, Milan or New York, and join Diana Opoti in seeking out the hottest designers and catwalk styles in Dakar, Accra, Nairobi, Johannesburg, Dar es Salaam and Lagos.
It starts Tuesday 9th September at 9pm, on The Africa Channel UK, Sky 209; Virgin 828.
Peace and Cupcakes xoxo
- Fashion Junkie: #2 Tina Lobondi’s A/W 13 Lookbook (talesbycindy.wordpress.com)
- Africa Fashion Week Is Back! (talesbycindy.wordpress.com)
- The Business of Fashion and Youth Empowerment: Abuja, Naija (talesbycindy.wordpress.com)
- Accra’s ‘super-rich’ expected to grow 8% per year – Report (ghanabusinessnews.com)
- Am Black and Beautiful Model Contest/ Fashion Art & Music Show 2013, (talesbycindy.wordpress.com)
- African farmland – the opportunity (savills.co.uk)
- Call of the wild… (debenhams.com)
- Coming To Africa: SuitSupply (talesbycindy.wordpress.com)
- ‘A slim model awaits you’ (postzambia.com)
- Africa Fashion Week London 2013, Globacom Comes On Board As Sponsor (spyghana.com)