This year the Lights, Camera, Africa Film Festival is scheduled to hold at the British Council, Southern Sun Hotel and Freedom Park in Lagos from Friday, 27 September to Tuesday, 1 October 2013 with the theme, ‘Great Migrations’.
This festival will feature a diverse range of African cinema which includes documentary, animations and novel genres. Inspired by the theme ‘Great Migrations’ the 2013 film festival will explore the various aspects of migration and movement of African people, culture, art and existentiality. Chinonye Chukwu’s Alaskaland, Mark Gettes’Fela! and Mugabe: Villain or Hero are some of the highlights.The Lights, Camera, Africa!!! 2013 Film Festival will highlight and explore the migrations and movement of people to and from Africa; the social dynamics that Africa has witnessed in post colonial years; the dynamic evolution of the continent’s art expressions particularly in film, music and literature and the general shifts in thought, philosophy, politics and our communal and individual identity as Africans.
Come one, Come All! Let’s celebrate the Creativity of Africa
Peace and Cupcakes xoxo
For Enquiries: http://www.lightscameraafrica.com
- Lights, Camera, Africa!!! 2013 ‘Great Migrations’ : A Pan-African Film Festival for Film Lovers Living in Lagos (upcomerstubenation.wordpress.com)
- ‘Sinking Sands’ is one of Africa’s 10 Must -see movies (spyghana.com)
- Africa International Film Festival 2013 | Call For Entries (cinemakenya.com)
- Rwanda Film Festival: Hillywood on display (focus.rw)
- Art, Film, & TV | Rising Hollywood Star Jaime Zevallos & His Latest Film, “Me, You, & Five Bucks” (pslovecharli.com)
- How to Submit a Film to the Phoenix Film Festival (local.answers.com)
- Felix honoured at 2013 Durban International Film Festival (harounkola.com)
- Pre-Event Preview: One Lens Film Festival (theurbanfilmstage.com)
- AfricaFilms.tv South Africa Online Film Festival (harounkola.com)
- How is Big Brother uniting Africa? (spyghana.com)