Daria Werbowy is on the front cover of one of my favourite magazines- Vogue UK’s September Issue. The gorgeous model is an epitome of beauty and modern femininity. Patrick Dermachelier’s true talents comes to light as seen on his shot of this leggy blonde. Here is what Alexandra Shulman had to say about her latest issue.
“This issue of Vogue is filled with womanly inspiration from the catwalk. It’s interesting to see how the designers‘ visions have fed into our shoots. Louis Vuitton‘s poule de luxe, for example – walking the hotel corridors in a silk slip, an oversized coat thrown over her shoulders – could have come from one of Brassaï’s Parisian photographs, and contributed greatly to Miranda Kerr‘s naked-beneath-the-coat shoot by Alasdair McLellan (“Under Cover”). Walter Pfeiffer‘s playful take on pink (“Pink Lady”) reflects the brighter side of the season, with the predominance of that colour in the autumn shows; and Mario Testino‘s “Prima Donna“, amid the grandeur of Naples, was influenced by fabrics and silhouettes in shows from Bottega Veneta and Prada to Lanvin and Ralph Lauren.
In other words, she is a panoply of stereotypes we can all enjoy whilst leading the demanding, multifaceted, domestic and professional existences that make up the reality of womanhood today. And, incidentally, many congratulations to Charlotte Hogg who, as the first chief operating officer, has become the most powerful woman at the Bank of England. When the news got out that we’d scooped a shoot with Pharrell Williams (” Born Lucky“), the whole office put up their hands for the interview gig. The winner was commissioning editor Violet Henderson, who says of the encounter, “I’ve always loved his music, which is rap but you can sing along to it. This was definitely the moment in my life that I’ve been the most starstruck. He’s so physically present.” Pharrell is a multi-talent, who has not only provided the soundtrack to so many of our most enjoyable moments but is also an exemplar of the successful meeting of style and music.
Fashion houses have an enormous amount of fur on offer this season. It has appeal as a shorthand signifier of luxury and glamour although some might say it is a product of unnecessary barbarism. For her article “What Fur?”, Vogue‘s Emily Sheffield travels to Denmark to report on the complex debate around its use and production, and her detailed research shows that for every answer she receives, another question emerges. It’s an emotive subject but one I felt Vogue should look at.”
This issue is certainly a page turner. Its a nod to women who juggle career, motherhood, family and life. Happy Reading.
Ciao Bellas xoxo
Photo Source: http://www.vogue.co.uk
- Vogue’s September Issue Will Be Its Biggest Since the Recession (fashionista.com)
- From British Vogue: @caradelevingne enjoys an intimate appointment with Pharrell Williams in #SeptemberVogue (sfluxe.com)
- From British Vogue: Fingernails to match the theme of our September issue, out today (sfluxe.com)
- Vogue China 8th anniversary covers (sherazadedotme.wordpress.com)
- The September Issues Revealed: Who Will Cover What (fashionista.com)
- Fur is back – would you wear it? (theguardian.com)
- Print Is Dead? ‘Vogue’ Has Its Second Biggest Issue Ever (mashable.com)
- Kelly Rowland Goes Goth for Essence’s September Issue (bet.com)
- Eight of Kind: Doutzen, Liu, Sasha and More Celebrate Eight Years With Vogue China! (modelinia.com)
- Sridevi on Vogue (bollywoodfashionpolice.wordpress.com)