Empowering the Teachers will select up to twelve outstanding young faculty fellows from the disciplines of electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering and mechanical engineering in Nigerian or Ugandan universities to spend a semester at MIT in 2014. Selected fellows will observe instruction in their disciplines and work as a group to prepare innovative curricula and approaches to teaching that can be introduced into their home universities on their return.
During their stay at MIT, the faculty will participate regularly in at least two MIT subjects (including lectures, recitations and tutorials) that correspond to courses the faculty members teach at their home universities. They will attend weekly Empowering the Teachers Fellows Seminar meetings on curriculum development and meet with professors and teaching assistants. Beyond the fellowship semester at MIT, Empowering the Teachers will support online communications, periodic reunions and meetings in Nigeria and Uganda in order to build over time a community of faculty devoted to excellence and innovation in science and engineering education.
The Empowering the Teachers program covers travel, living and instructional materials expenses of the participants. The home universities of the successful applicants will commit to provide paid leaves of absence during the period of the MIT program.
To be eligible for consideration for selection, a faculty member must hold a PhD and teach in a department corresponding to Electrical Engineering and Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering at a university in Nigeria or Uganda. Only candidates at the level of Lecturer One will be considered.
To APPLY VISIT: http://web.mit.edu/misti/africa/ett.html
DEADLINE: AUGUST 5, 2013
Accelerating Information Technology Innovation (AITI)
MIT International Science and Technology Initiatives (MISTI)
1 Amherst Street, E40-433
Cambridge, MA 02139
- Bose founder, Amar Bose, has died at 83 (web.mit.edu)
- Amar Bose, Founder of Bose, Dies at 83 (cepro.com)
- Bose Corporation founder Amar Bose passes away (ibnlive.in.com)
- Education USA + MIT Legatum (somtofabukozor.wordpress.com)
- Ford teams with MIT for Alternative Fuel Development (blogs.automotive.com)
- Amar Bose, founder of audio technology company Bose Corp., longtime MIT professor, dies at 83 (vancouverdesi.com)
- Bosch and MIT form MIT Energy Initiative (blogs.automotive.com)
- Bose Corp. founder passes away at age 83 (loopinsight.com)
- Amar Bose, founder of Massachusetts-based Bose audio firm, dies at 83 (ndtv.com)
- Dr. Amar Gopal Bose, 1929-2013 (southasia.typepad.com)