Talia Castellano was one of my fave YouTube personalities. This brave 13 year old Old was fighting an aggressive, stage 4 cancer called neuroblastoma. That was in 2007 when she was 7 years old. She was in remission but for over a year but eventually the cancer came back. In 2012, the cancer spread to her bones and she developed leukemia.
I am glad her dream came true when she met Ellen Degeneres. This amazing make-up artist who called makeup her ‘wig‘ had over 14 million views on YouTube. Everyone was impressed by aspiring makeup artist Talia’s incredible spirit — especially the people at CoverGirl! They decided to make her an honorary CoverGirl!
She always said – “Having cancer has been a gift, yet a horrible, horrible terrifying thing,” she added. “But I’ve gotten so many benefits from it … having a YouTube channel and having to inspire people and having people look up to me and explaining to you guys how I adore and love makeup — using it as my wig — and having so much self-confidence and going out to the grocery store without a wig. It’s amazing but the journey of having cancer was amazing but every journey has an end. ”
Dear Talia, you were so inspiring and you will be greatly missed xx
- Death of Talia Castellano (shougf.com)
- RIP Talia Castellano (postsfromelena.wordpress.com)
- Cover Girl Talia Joy Has Earned Her Wings (americanlivewire.com)
- CoverGirl Talia Dies At 13 After Brave Six Year Battle With Cancer (okmagazine.com)
- Talia Joy Castellano Dead: Inspirational YouTube Star Dies After Six-Year Battle … – Huffington Post (huffingtonpost.com)
- Remembering Youtube Beauty Guru Talia Joy Castellano (mikelcain.com)
- Honorary CoverGirl Talia Castellano Dies at 13 (stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com)
- Talia Castellano Dies; YouTube Beauty, Fashion Star Was 13 (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- YouTube star loses battle with cancer (wcpo.com)
- Saying Goodbye to Talia (ellentv.com)