Hope y’all had a fab weekend? Do anything exciting? Super sad to hear about Cory Monteith. What a tragic loss! Heatfelt condolences to his family and friends.
In other news, Christie Brown has released its Autumn/Winter 2013 lookbook titled -“Dure”. The designs are fresh, chic and has an elegant twist to it. This 18 piece collection captures the essence of femininity and the vision of the Ghanian-based Brand which is all about infusing modernism into carefully selected traditional African aesthetic that transcends international borders. It’s really about allowing women to experience the culturally rich and opulent side of Africa without having to compromise their personal contemporary style.
The juxtaposition of the traditional bogolan fabric with soft colours like teal, purple and brown shows true craftmanship. The attention to detail, asymmetric tribal lines and structured silhouettes exudes sophistication.
The label was founded in March 2008 with the launch of the brand’s first run way show in Accra. Aisha Obuobi is the creative brains behind the label. Her love affair with fashion started at an early age. However, the real motivation came from watching her grandmother Christie Brown, a seamstress, create rich and vibrant garments. Today, Christie Brown stands uniquely as a women’s apparel and accessories manufacturer and retailer with pieces ranging from beautiful bespoke gowns, practical yet statement pieces to innovative accessories all inspired by the African culture and art. Her clothes and accessories have made a bold statement, painting the runways with a fuse of color and culture, fit for the contemporary African woman. Aside from winning – The Emerging Designer of the Year Award in 2009 at the inaugural Arise Africa Fashion Week in Johannesburg, South Africa; The brand has also captured the attention of global magazines including Harpers Bazaar, Vogue Italia, Arise (UK), Canoe 53 Sails, Black Hair (UK), Destiny (SA), and Glamour Magazine to mention a few. Christie Brown was also the only Ghanaian label chosen to showcase in the Arise L’Afrique- a- Porter, in Paris as part of Paris Fashion Week in March 2010.
This collection gives off a sultry ambiance and will defo make any girl the girl the belle of the Ball!¬
Ciao Bellas xxx
#For more info: http://www.christiebrownonline.com
- Obama’s day: Honoring George HW Bush – USA TODAY (usatoday.com)
- Zimmerman’s business with the court may not be over – USA TODAY (usatoday.com)
- Snowden has enough information to cause US government worst damage in … – Fox News (foxnews.com)
- Cory Monteith: ‘Glee’ Star Found Dead In Vancouver Hotel At Age 31 (hollywoodlife.com)
- Ethical Fashion is Green Inspiration (ilovegreeninspiration.com)
- “The Christie Brown Woman has this Understated Sophistication”- Watch Aisha Ayensu, Creative Director of Christie Brown on FashionistaGH’s Fashion Feature (ajosemuftau.wordpress.com)
- Move Back To Africa; Akon Suggests To Blacks Abroad Following George Zimmerman Acquittal (233livenews.wordpress.com)
- Beautiful Africa ❤ (redbottomedheels.wordpress.com)
- Fashionable, Handmade, Environmentally Friendly Handbags from Africa Connects People To Nature (prweb.com)
- Arise (stylebubble.co.uk)