A friend of mine asked me if there was a difference between a cupcake and muffin? I smiled and said: Cupcakes usually have icing on them and are considered to be miniature cakes for special occasions. Muffins on the other hand can be eaten at breakfast and don’t have icing on them . Most popular ones are the blueberry and chocolate muffins.
Cupcakes, a sweet tooth’s fondest friend is making a huge comeback. The beauty is in its design to serve one person at a time. Creative mess i admit but every morsel especially the ones from Frost Cakes is enough to make you not to give a rat’s arse about diets.
Frost Cakes was inspired by the love for baking as well as positive feedbacks. Close friends and family started requesting cakes and sales started. Frost cakes started in September, 2011 and has been in business ever since. It is still a small business run from home based on a 24hr notice order. But expect big and better things because this is creative baking at its best. The tantalizing designs and aroma leave you craving for more.
According to Bilkisu Mohammed who is the lady behind Frost Cakes– “We get our cakes right and you can taste the difference. We use only the finest natural ingredients and do not use any preservatives and they’re always baked fresh on the day of collection. We also offer different special flavors that can be customized like strawberry, red velvet, chocolate, marble, fruit and lots more.”
She admits that: “The cake business in Nigeria is highly competitive. So to be able to stay in the business, I have learnt that your cakes must have an edge. Most cake lovers are after taste and quality, so if your cake stands out in that aspect people will definitely come after your cakes. So far, I have had great reviews, but with all consumer goods, being able to please all customers is a great challenge because consumers have different demands even though cake is universal. Also, like most businesses in Nigeria, the greatest challenge is electricity and sourcing of ingredients.”
“As with all Nigerian youths, we mainly go for professional courses due to high expectations from society. However, if you ask me where I see myself in the next five years, I would say, I see myself running my own business, owning a cake shop and being my own boss. I would definitely encourage Nigerian youths to go for businesses like this because the labor market is not so favorable. Even though I am not yet in the labor market as I am serving with the Central Bank of Nigeria, I have seen so many cases of unemployment and I would not want to be in that boat.”
So if its delicious and exclusive cupcakes, celebration cakes and personalized cakes. Frost Cakes is your one-stop shop. Her cakes can be used for desserts, as a treat or to celebrate a special occasion. What are you waiting for?! Holla @ the chick – firstname.lastname@example.org, PIN: 28DE7A37, PHONE: +234-803684476.
Ciao Bellas xxxxxx
- Easy Christmas Cupcake Decorations (proflowers.com)
- Three Tips For Flawless Cupcake and Cake Frosting (berries.com)
- Edible Arts: A New DIY Cake Decorating Shop (redtri.com)
- Baking Delicious Cupcakes for a Child’s Birthday Bash (berries.com)
- Whats the Difference Between Brownies and Chocolate Cake? (proflowers.com)
- Talaya’s WAVE Cafe Dish Of The Day: Pink Lemonade Layer Cake (947thewave.cbslocal.com)
- PHOTO+: @VictoriaYumCakes presents the “Beer & Nuts”… #Masculine #Cupcake?! @NetilMarket (wilkes888.wordpress.com)
- Spud Concealing Cakes – These Sweet Potato Chocolate Cupcakes are for Gardeners with a Sweet Tooth (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- ‘Cake Boss’ teams up with BJ’s Wholesale Club (bostonherald.com)
- Dulce de Leche-Filled Cupcakes w/ 2 Kinds of Frosting + How to Fill a Cupcake Video (thesmartcookiecook.com)
- My Eulogy to Blueberries: Vegan Blueberry Lemon Muffins (17bites.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes – Delicious With or Without Frosting (clarksvilleonline.com)
- Bake Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (education.com)
- Blueberry Muffins (soulfoodliving.com)
- Espresso muffin with chocolate drops: a twilight in L.A. (kitchen-memories.com)